Whenever the topic of exercises is raised bike riding is one of the crucial aspects of the conversation. Bike riding is one the most efficient ways to get the heart pumped up. The added advantage of this exercise is that it can be performed anywhere in any ground or environment. Nowadays with the advancement of technology bike riding has also advanced further. Today riding a bike is not only an outdoor sport but also an indoor exercise. A bike stand trainer grants the trainers the opportunity to train indoors on their bikes. There are improved versions of trainers launched in the market which provide road like environment and output efficient training data. All one has to do is attach the rear wheel of the bike to the trainer which provides resistance to the bike allowing the rider to ride the bike indoors giving an outdoor feel.
When and where to use the bike
People who are looking forward to increasing their stamina and speed usually make use of these indoor bikes. This way they can train using their own bikes and do not have to go into the trouble of dealing with a gym equipment. This allows independence to train in every weather condition. These bikes can also be used as means of warm up before a racing competition.
Types of Trainers
The bike trainers are available in various types of design in the market. Some of the types along with some best indoor bike trainer reviews are mentioned as follows:
- Fluid: This type is the combination of the magnetic flywheel and fluid chambers. The combination of these two provide resistance to the bike
Kinetic Road Machine – Developed in 1999 by Kurt Kinetic. This trainer comes with a leak-proof system and settles resistance automatically without the use of the lever.
- Magnetic: This type basically is a magnetic flywheel creating resistance to the rear wheel. The main advantage this type provides is that they are silent.
Gavin Bicycle Cycling Trainer- Developed by Gavin a small scale company manufacturing cycle products. This product comes with a large frame providing great stability with the capability to fold itself making it easier to store.
- Wind: This type produces resistance to the bike using fans which are powered by the pedaling giving the rider a more outdoor feel.
CycleOps Wind Trainer- Developed by CycleOps. It is one of their cheapest products. This product comes with automatic resistance adjustment and it changes intensity making the use of wind resistance.
- Centrifugal: This type of trainer provides adjustable resistance to rear wheel using pressure plates.
- Rollers- These are one of the least expensive types of bike trainers available in the market. These are basically a roller set on which the bike is mounted. This type provides a much realistic environment since the riders have to actually balance their bikes.
All the products listed in the best indoor bike trainer reviews will always showcase some common features, however, each of these products lasts for years.